Monday, April 4, 2011

Photo Challenge

The "Photo Challenge" has long been over...but I am finally getting to posting all of my photos (as well as Jenny's). Over the course of February (and through the end of our Winter Break--early March) Jenny and I had a list of 15 things that we need to take pictures of. So, here are the 15 things that we captured (first photo is Jenny's, second is mine). 

**************************
(1) Bicycle
 02/08/2011: The BICYCLE that sits outside the "antique" (I don't believe all of her wares are antiques...) shop below our apartment.

 02/04/2011: "BICYCLE" - Wandering around Les Halles and snapped my first photo for Jenny and my Photo Challenge.
**************************
(2) Umbrella
02/21/2011: Long walk out to Chateau Palmer in the downpours and gusting winds. Not sure if the UMBRELLA was more of a help or a hindrance...

02/15/2011: "UMBRELLA" - Another cold and rainy day in Tours; I was waiting at Emilie Zola to catch my bus into Tours Nord.
**************************
(3) Iconic French
 02/14/2011: ICONIC: French cinephilie. Love that this is taught in France dès l'ecole primaire!

02/16/2011: "ICONIC FRENCH" - I think this sums up France in a picture...BAGUETTE!
**************************
(4) Faux Pas
 02/07/2011: French FAUX PAS: Il faut pas wear tenue de sport when walking around in public. Even when walking 4 blocks to the gym. Je dois avoir la honte! I should be ashamed of my American self.

 03/06/2011: "FAUX PAS"- Welcome Back to France! Clean up after your dogs... ;)
************************** 
 (5) The Letter Q
 03/05/2011: Q's Q and prepping for departure =(

03/01/2011: "THE LETTER Q" - Kaitlyn and I went to see a free screening of "The Adjustment Bureau"...hosted by the radio station Q104.
**************************
(6) Reflection
02/25/2011: Catching gold, crystals, and sunlight in the REFLECTION in the Hall of Mirrors at Versaille Palace.

02/09/2011: "REFLECTION" - Walking to Chantal's for our usual afternoon chat/hang out. Saw these teapots on Rue de la Scellerie in an antique shop.
**************************
(7) Monochrome
03/04/2011: MONOCHROME at multiple levels here: RED lights at the Moulin ROUGE in the RED light district ;]

02/06/2011: "MONOCHROME" - Took a bike ride to Le Parc Municipal de l'Ile Simon...and finally saw "Le Pata” created by Maj-siri Österling in 2001.
**************************
(8) Music
03/03/2011: Finally a clear day! Sunshine and foot tapping MUSIC in front of the Pantheon. Simply happy moment.

03/05/2011: "MUSIC"- At Cleveland Hopkins Airport and walked into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Store...saw this guitar.
**************************
(9) Self-Portrait
03/06/2011: SELF PORTRAIT by shadow: finally walked out to Ile Simon and spent a good hour taking pictures of a) the sun and b) all the graffiti on the skate park and under the bridge. It was even warm enough in the sun that I tossed my jacket on the ground. Pray this means the next six weeks are only getting warmer and sunnier!

02/07/2011: "SELF-PORTRAIT" - Walking home from school down Rue Nationale and thought that this reflective surface would make for a perfect and interesting self-portrait photo.
**************************
(10) Damaged/Broken
02/11/2011: Poor sad, DAMAGED/BROKEN little house post that I loved while trying to find my way to an inservice this afternoon.

02/11/2011: "DAMAGED/BROKEN" - I was walking to drop off my recycling and dropped one of the bottles...OOPS!
************************** 
(11) Coffee
02/20/2011: Mine and Mom's game of racing sugar to test the foam in our capuccino COFFEES in Bordeaux's Place de la Comedie.

02/28/2011: "COFFEE" - French press coffee at my Aunt Shirley's house. Kaitlyn and I made crepes for the family...hope I am not sick of them by the time I get back from the USA!
**************************
(12) Diamond
02/19/2011: Love locks and DIAMONDS with a view of Notre Dame on Mom's first day in Pair-ee.

02/23/2011: "DIAMOND" - Walking around THE Chagrin Falls with Kaitlyn and saw this diamond on a brick wall off of Main Street.
**************************
(13) Architecture
 03/02/2011: This picture so captures this moment. Notice our faces as we get swindled for photos by the Fabio-esque gladiator in front of one of the greatest pieces of ARCHITECTURE of the ancient world. Awesome.

02/22/2011: "ARCHITECTURE" - Looking out from my mom's office building. Spent the afternoon downtown at the dentist and then had dinner at Johnny's (Cleveland Restaurant Week)...and then PICKED UP KWEVANS!
**************************
(14) I am here
 02/22/2011: I AM HERE: the final panel of modern art in Toulouse's Place de la Capitole has a mirror to reflect all the people that make the city what it is.

02/19/2011: "I AM HERE" - Flying from Paris to Newark...and yes, if you look close enough you can see where the plane is on the map! :)
**************************
(15) Trust
02/23/2011: TRUST - Mother-child statue in Toulouse

 03/03/2011: "TRUST"- Dropped Kaitlyn off at the airport...another sad day!
**************************  

Well, there they all are! Let us know what you think! :) We have still yet to see who the "winner" is, but maybe this weekend at our "English Assistant Party"!?

1 comment:

  1. Some thoughts:
    I LOVE that umbrella picture at the Chateau!
    Is it sad that primary kids in France are learning the same thing that we did in 220?? :-/ haha
    Dog shit is so French and gross
    I really like the pic in the Hall of Mirrors. I loved Versailles when I visited...I think I could have lived there for sure!
    Your I am Here pic is witty!
    Finally....that picture of you and Kaitlyn is so cute!

    ReplyDelete