Thursday, September 23, 2010

People Watching: La Place de Passy

I just returned from an afternoon with just one errand to complete—to get a new SIM card for my cell phone. The errand took me a whole 15 minutes…but I was gone for almost 3 hours. I walked around some shopping areas (did not buy a thing), made it over to see the Eiffel Tower (because in Paris, that’s what you do), and finally had a midday meal at a café in the 16th arrondissement’s Place de Passy.

I ordered a quiche filled with goat cheese (chevre), tomatoes, and basil; it was delicious! I also had a small side salad, with the usually French dressing (some combination of mustard, pepper, and oil), and a coke. But, the highlight was people watching…

(1) There was a group of three French kids (I would say about 15-16 years old). They were acting like they were the best things on the block! Smoking away…laughing…giving each other bisous galore…and so much more. Anyways, I watched them during the entire time I was eating; it made the eating experience a lot better, though the full sun and beautiful weather made it wonderful as well! (2) There was this little French girl counting and trading her silly bands...yes, they are a "trend"/'fashion statement" in France!

Well, that’s my story for today.
-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment