Thursday, October 7, 2010

What a GREAT day...but very exhausting!

Today I did observations at one of the three schools that I am assigned to...Ecole Juels Verne. I sat in on classes from levels CP (1st grade) to CM2 (5th grade)--some of the classes were English, others were math,  or other subjects.

The school and the teachers are great! This is the school that I will be spending most of my time, so this is a great feeling to have. In addition, the students seemed very enthusiastic about my presence at their school. They were very inquisitive and wanted to share with me all their English vocabulary and phrases. I cannot wait to go back next week...though I have to wait until Thursday because there is a STRIKE on Tuesday (the other day I am scheduled at this school)! Oh the French and their strikes...I have already seen four in my time here (about 16 days).

On another note, I am moved in to 280 Rue Victor Hugo. It is going well so far...the family I am renting from is wonderful and it is a pleasure to have dinner with them and talk about our days. They have a daughter named Emilie who is about 12 or 13. And, it is great that as I am getting situated, I do not have to worry about meals...tonight we had a tomato and chicken tart, carrots, salad, and dessert. Yesterday, we had roast chicken, carrots, salad, cheese, and fruit. Needless to say, I am not starving!

I will post some pictures of my room and place very soon...probably in my next post! As for now, I am so tired from today's observations...I AM GOING TO BED!

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment