Monday, October 4, 2010

Immigration documents sent...CHECK, School Assignments...CHECK, Absentee Ballot request form sent...CHECK

Three more things checked off!

[X] Send documents to French Immigration Office (OFII)

[X] Find out school assignments

[X] Send Absentee Ballot Request Form

Today, we had a meeting where we all signed our contracts (so that we could get paid) and found out more information regarding our work schedules/assignments. I have been assigned to three primary schools in Tours Nord (Northern Tours); I will divide my time among these schools, being an assistant in some classrooms and a teacher in others. I will also be helping teach English teachers how to teach English in their classrooms a handful of times throughout the year.

I have been assigned to: (B) Tours nord, école Victor Hugo - 1h30, (C) Tours nord, école Saint Exupéry 3h and (D) Tours nord, école Jules Verne 3h45. [SEE MAP BELOW - (A) is 280 Rue Victor Hugo]

I will be doing observations in one of these schools tomorrow, and I will work out a schedule with the above mentioned hours so that I am in every school at least twice a week. I will teach in a classroom either Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday. French schoolchildren (after the age of 8) are required to have two 45-minute classes of English a week.



That's all the "exciting" news for now!

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment